♥ Share This ♥

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Miss Universe Finalist Says She Was Sabotaged

The Miss Universe pageant is a cutthroat contest filled with girls willing to do anything to win the crown, even if it means pulling a Tonya Harding and sabotaging their competitors.
"I put [the dress] on just before I was due to go out on parade but I felt these sharp pains when something stuck into my back," Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell told the Herald Sun. "I took the top off and found all these pins had been stuck into it."
The 2010 Miss Universe concluded a few weeks back in Las Vegas, but the dirt behind the scenes is still fresh in the mind of Campbell as she recalls the alleged mischief backstage.
Campbell finished in third place -- Miss Universe Mexico Jimena Navarrete took the title -- but Campbell isn't sweating the backstabbing.
"The sabotage was a bit harsh, but you have to laugh at these things and not take it too seriously and it did give me a story to tell when I got home," Campbell told the Herald Sun.
Campbell doesn't know who supposedly sabotaged her national dress out of the 82 competitors, but she said certain countries from Central and South America (including eventual winner Mexico) were especially competitive.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment